IQ-Whipps 950 Stainless Steel Penstocks
IQ-Whipps Series 900 Stainless Steel Penstock designs offer high performance and long life. The design allows a wide range of mounting arrangements and flow conditions to be accomodated.
The IQ-Whipps 950 is used for applications where there is a higher head as it has a more robust frame, door and seal when compared to the IQ-Whipps 920. It retains a similar reinforced stainless steel construction which is combined with the tough, flexible, ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) seat/seals.
In addition to the wide range of standard penstock sizes which typically range between 300mm and 4,000mm, IQ Engineers can produce customised penstocks for unusual applications.
IQ-Whipps 950 Penstocks are manufactured under a licence from Whipps inc. who are a market leading penstock manufacturer in the USA. We work closely with Whipps who have been established since 1977 and supply penstocks throughout the USA.
Key benefits of IQ-Whipps 950 penstocks when compared to cast iron penstocks include:
- Superior performance - with guaranteed leakage rates in accordance with BS7775 and WIMES 8.10
- Low maintenance - no need to periodically paint or undertake other operator tasks
- Range of sizes - Individually designed by our technical staff for specific site conditions
- Strength - Stainless steel has twice the tensile strength of cast iron and twice the modulus of elasticity
- Durability - Stainless Steel resists corrosion better than cast iron
- Self-adjusting seals - ensures penstock does not require field adjustment
- Flexible mounting configurations
The 950 series has been licenced in th UK since 2005 and installed throughout all water authorities in the UK.
Our product range...