IQ-Whipps 920 Stainless Steel Penstocks
IQ-Whipps Series 900 Stainless Steel Penstock design offers high performance and long life. The design allows a wide range of mounting arrangements and flow conditions to be accommodated.
The IQ-Whipps 920 is the standard offering in the range. It has a rugged, reinforced stainless steel construction which is combined with tough, flexible, ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) seat/seals. This provides a heavy-duty assembly and a flush bottom closure is provided by a resilient bottom seal. The seal is regulation 31 approved.
In addition to the wide range of standard penstock sizes, IQ Engineers can quickly and economically produce penstocks customized for unusual applications.
IQ-Whipps 920 Penstocks are manufactured under a licence from Whipps inc. who are a market leading penstock manufacturer in the USA. We work closely with Whipps who have been established since 1977 and supply penstocks throughout the USA.
Key benefits of IQ-Whipps 920 penstocks when compared to cast iron penstocks include:
- Superior performance - with guaranteed leakage rates in accordance with BS7775 and WIMES 8.10
- Low maintenance - no need to periodically paint or undertake other operator tasks
- Range of sizes - Individually designed by our technical staff for specific site conditions
- Strength - Stainless steel has twice the tensile strength of cast iron and twice the modulus of elasticity
- Durability - Stainless Steel resists corrosion better than cast iron
- Self-adjusting seals - ensures penstock does not require field adjustment
- Flexible mounting configurations
The 920 series has been licenced in th UK since 2005.
Our product range...